Stacking panels

Something that I think would be most handy, is if panels stacked themselves.
For example, at the moment, if you set up two edge panels, and put them at
the bottom, they sit on top of each other.  Which is obviously not at all
the best situation.  If you could tell one of them to be the bottom one,
which would then relegate the other to be the top, and have them sit one
upon the other (sort of like what KDE does with it's task bar if you tell it
to put it at the bottom, so you've got the kde panel, then kde taskbar one
atop the other).

Would this be complex to code?  I'd not be able to do it myself  :(

Matt