Re: gnome-print and GnomeCanvas

Federico Mena Quintero wrote:

> >  *  The ability to make the GnomeCanvas widget dump postscript
>
> This is not really what you want to do.  You should use the
> gnome-print API instead.
>
> If you know how to create your canvas items that represent music
> glyphs, then by definition you know where things are and you can print
> them just as easily.  Also, you'll get better output since you can do
> stuff like print page numbers and such (which makes little sense to
> have in the main canvas view).

Well I have to disgaree with this method.  If you want a trully WYSIWYG
view then it should have all the page numbers etc.. viewable on screen.
Thats the way a word processor would do it...

While I;ve not read the print docs, if its true then its a shame that
the canvas does not do this. One of the best things about the Risc OS
system was that to make any application print you required about 10
lines of code. It used the exact code you would use in redrawing
a windows content as it would to print, so you don't have to
duplicate drawing code for printing...

Kev