Re: Gnome pixmaps (SuSE & Gnome)

The problem is that the configure skript doesn't find the path of the
graphics libraries. Because of that a utility doesn't get created, hence
the icons aren't created and you get to see just any old rubbish which
happens to ly around in memory.
Solution:
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib" configure
[any options]

This should (have been) be fixed in the autoconf X-checks.

If you want proper support for gnome under SuSE complain to SuSE as much
you can.
Otherwise complain to the gnome-web maintainers as they aren't updating
the Gnome for SuSE web page anymore. The SuSE 6.2 packages should run
fine under 6.1 as well. If you want to start gnome just like other
window-managers create the file /usr/X11R6/bin/gnome
and put the following in it:

#!/bin/bash
/opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session

That's all there is to it.