Re: Help requested: more .desktop files.

Casey Allen Shobe <rivyn@mailandnews.com> writes:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Alan Shutko wrote:
> > It would be nice, though, if you could easily turn things off from
> > appearing in the menu.
>
> How about scanning for the apps when the WM was started?  If the executable
> specified by the shortcut was not found in the path or the path specified was
> invalid, make the shortcut not appear in the menu.

That's what it does now.  But it would be nice if a user could turn
off display of some apps without removing them from the system (which
could upset other users of the system).  For example, I'm never going
to use gcalc.  If I want a simple calculator, I'll use bc.  Otherwise
I'll use something with RPN.

Currently, the only way to remove it from the system menu is to remove
the gcalc binary, remove the system gcalc.desktop, or remove
gnome-utils entirely.  I'd like some way of hiding the "Simple
Calculator" from my menu, without removing it from other users' menu.

223 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes, 2 seconds till we run away.
Half of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.