Re: open terminal window with keyboard

>Hi there, my mouse is not working sometimes, so with the keyboard, how
>do I 1] navigate through the Gnome main menu button with the keyboard,
>and/or 2] how do i open a console with a keyboard shortcut binding?

If using Xfree, press Shift, hit Num Lock, release Shift. The machine should
beep. Now the Num Pad emulates a mouse. Use Shift and Num Lock again to end
mouse emulation. You can use it whenever you want, even if the mouse still
works.

12346789 are directions, 5 is click (or speed up if already pressing a
direction), /*- select mouse123, 0 click and hold current button, . release
button, + double click.

More or less that is the trick. Posted by Telsa some weeks ago, taken from
Window Maker readme file, IIRC.

GSR