Compiling libglade-0.12

I am trying to compile Gnome from source following the instructions on the
Web site. As mentioned before, all worked well until I reached
libxml-1.8.7. That failed so I decided to go back to 1.8.6 and that worked
(I know subsequent compiles may fail but what the hell!)

Then I got to libglade-0.12. That failed with a message that parser.h was
not found. I tried libglade-0.11 and got the same message. I checked and
found these:

/usr/local/include/libxml/parser.h
/usr/local/include/gnome-xml/parser.h

They are different sizes. I am not sure what libglade is looking for.

Thanks,

Dennis