Long logins

Hi there,

I'm a relative newbie to linux and hope someone can help. I have a
straightforward Red Hat 6.0 installation using Gnome and Enlightenment. All
was well till the other day when the power-plug was pulled on my pc while I
was logged in as my user. It rebooted fine, but whenever I try to log in as
that user now, it takes ages to actually log in, as if the pc is hanging.
But it gets interesting. This only happens to this specific user, and it
only happens when I try to log in first time after I rebooted. Every other
time it logs in fine. Also if I log in as another user first after rebooting
and then as this user it works fine as well.

Another interesting thing is that whenever I am in one of these long login
states, and it finally does open up the session, I can't log out. I have to
use Ctrl-Alt-BS to end the session, which, as you can imagine, is a pain.
However, when it logs in normally, logging out is not a problem.

Does anyone have any idea of where I can start looking for this?

Any help will be much appreciated.

PJC