Re: gnome-terms come up as little squares

On 01-Aug-00 Fabrice Colin wrote:
> I am experiencing the same problem with IceWM (don't remember the
> version)
> but with terminals only. Funnily enough, Sawfish (v 0.28) behaves
> correctly.
> The only solution I could come up with was to close my terminals before
> saving the session.
> My Gnome is Helix 1.2, running on an updated RH6.0.
>
> Chris Webster <chris@raf.atd.ucar.edu> wrote :
>> Periodically, when logging in, the gnome-terminals that were saved come
>> up as little squares (say 10x10, instead of 80x24).  I posted this 6-8
>> months ago, and it was blamed on the window manager.  However, 2
>> different window managers have displayed this behavior (enlightenment
>> and sawfish).

        I've experienced this, also, with the two window managers
Chris W. was using. Usually, there is more than one gnome-term
window running when this happens, but I've seen it occur with a
single gnome-term as well. This has occured even when all other
programs I run reappear at the proper size. The usual fix is to
remove the gnome-term file in the ~/.gnome directory.

        BTW, the newest sawfish (0.30.3) appears to have the window
positioning/sizing issue back under control.

Date: 01-Aug-00  Time: 10:23:32

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon Advanced Technology
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor