Re: xterm and mutt

Quoting Subba Rao (subb3@attglobal.net):
> My email client is Mutt. When I open up a large xterm and start mutt,
> the mutt only uses half the xterm. If I resize the xterm and start mutt
> then the full terminal is used.
>
> Is anyone else is experiencing this problem too? Is there any recommended
> solution for this, other than resizing the xterm all the time?
>
> My system has Gnome with Sawfish.

Are you using a real xterm or gnome-term or some other term?  I'd
recommend getting your xterm from:

http://www.clark.net/pub/dickey/xterm/xterm.html

This is a color xterm and I think is the one distributed with XFree86.
I'd recommend getting the source and compiling from scratch.  It's one
of the first things I do when I do an new linux installation.  The one
that comes with XFree86 is probably ok too, but I seem to remember
having some problems with it a long time ago.  I've never had any
trouble with this xterm.  I'm a color mutt and vim user and they both
work well under resizing in this term.

Albert