Re: db2html and compiling gnome-utils

On Sat, Aug 19, 2000 at 09:10:37AM -0500, ebi7 wrote:
> >   (b) Simpler: get the GNOME DTD and stylesheets and install them.
> >       Tarball, rpm and deb are all at
> >       http://people.redhat.com/dcm/software.html
> >       This is simpler and better, and it means it will just whizz
> >       through db2html when it gets to that stage of the compile.
> >       (Well, jade is quite slow, but it will almost whizz.)
> >
> > One of these _should_ work. I hope :)
>
> Sure would be nice if someone with the know how would get all this
> together in one compilable package (and rpm, deb etc).
>
> ::::: Gene Imes			     http://www.ozob.net :::::

Indeed. But in any case, the docbook/jade stuff is something that
docs writers and package maintainers should have to deal with, not end
users. End users should just get compiled html installed where it's
supposed to be installed with no fuss required. If a "make" is calling
for db2html on a distributed package, that's a bug, not a feature.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck
jfleck@inkstain.net (h)