Re: Freature suggestion for gnome 2.0

On 21-Aug-00 Kevin D. Knerr, Sr. wrote:
> On a bit of reflection, I think that it would be better to optionally
> *include* the comment in the menu, rather than replace the name with the
> comment--if the tooltips are insufficient or too painful.

        Or, perhaps, add a "LongName" field to the .desktop file,
which would default to being "Name"? I suspect programmers who
actually put a Comment field in the .desktop files imagine these
strings being in a tooltip balloon, not the menus themselves.

        I also like the idea of being able to find out what the
Exec field is somehow by right clicking or some other means.

--
Craig Orsinger                <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>
Logicon Advanced Technology

"'Eureka'. It's Greek for 'This bath's too hot'."   - The Doctor