Re: Installation howto

> with all the tarball I just downloaded, and being previously RPM
> dependent, I am unsure how to install all the packages.  I am using
> Slackware 7.  I tried the ./configure as recommended at the install
> site, but received "No such file or directory".  I can't imagine that I
> need to install them one by one.  What is the correct way?

IF yor using slackware 7  , i know its abit late now, but if you go to there
ftp ftp.slackware.com and go to the 7.1 directory , you will find they have
soruces as well plus the binaries , ive never had any trouble compiling up
the sourcs that came with slackware 7 as i had to becuase i didnt like their
idea on choice WM or the way the gnome panel resized itself when things got
added to it or removed.

Darryl