Re: icons in gnome

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 08:38:56PM -0600, Stephen M. Williams wrote:
>     You can make a file in your home directory called .gtkrc.mine.  Here's
> what I have in mine and it produces white text on a transparent background
> when unselected and white text on a gray background when selected:
>
> # This section changes the the desktop font and font color
>
> style "gnome-desktop-icon" {
>   fg[NORMAL] = { 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
>   bg[NORMAL] = { 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 }
>   fg[SELECTED] = {1.0, 1.0, 1.0 }
>   bg[SELECTED] = {0.44, .50, 0.56 }
> }
>
> widget_class "*DesktopIcon*" style "gnome-desktop-icon"

Don't know about Ted, but you have my undying gratitude.  Finally, gmc's
icons won't look so stupid because I can make the text shaped and still
see it!  FWIW, = "#000000" works just as well if you prefer it, and you do
need to tell gmc to use shaped text for it to do so.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

* joeyh_ runs ps and sees 10 lines of awk code
* joeyh_ recoils in horror