Re: updated and can't login

> How long had it been since your last upgrade? This would give us some
> idea of what packages had been upgraded.  Off the top of my head, I can
> think of a couple possible causes.  Finding an exact cause would require
> some experimentation.  Let me know, and I can help talk you through it.
>
> -Mark Gordon

I just had the same problem on a RH7 system.  I installed by hand the
RPM's for

ORBIT
gnumeric
bug buddy
gnome core and applets 1.2.4
libole2 stuff
gnapster
gnome-print 0.25

There might have been a couple of others related to these. There was a
nother print one for example...

When I went to log out the pc started to beep beep beep.
CTRL-ALT-BKSP got  out of X, but logging in to gnome came back to the
login screen.
I logged in as X session and it ran GNOME, I loged out and back in as
Default (which is GNOME)
and it sort of worked.   I got the beeps logging out again.

After a couple of quick login-log out-log in's it has ben fine ever
since (about a week).

Hope this helps.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss