Speed Issues under Solaris

All,

I'm running Gnome under Solaris x86 8.0 on 933 MHz PIII.  This is the
version that was distributed with the Solaris 8.0 10/00 distribution on the
Software Companion CD.

It takes forever to start (~30 seconds) and when it does, I see a message
that says:

Warning - You seem to be running Enlightenment over a network connection or
on an X Server that does not support Shared Memory, or you have disabled
your MIT-SHM Shared Memory in your imlib configuration.  This means that the
Enlightenment Pager will perform slowly...

To improve performance please enable MIT-SHM Shared Memory in your imlib
config...

Has anyone seen this before?  It is too slow to use as is - ~15 seconds to
open an xterm.  I looked in the imlib.config, but didn't see anything
related to share memory.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan and I've been running it on my Linux box
forever.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark