Re: Suggestions

> * Window manager and MDI
>
> 1. I think it is reasonable to move sawfish window decoration routines
(and
> other common stuff) to a library, so that the window manager and GTK can
> access the code.
>
> 2. We should standardize this library, possibly in collaboration with KDE
> people.
>
> 3. Then, we should create a MDI Container widget using the library to
> decorate the MDI children and do other window managing stuff.

As I understand you I think (1) is a potentially good idea. What about this
though: Instead of having any window manager just plop it's configs in the
control ceneter if it wants to, what about a control center capplet that
just has hooks to all common WM configs so that glue could be made between
any window manager and that capplet so that the user could always find WM
config stuff in the same place. I know this glue could be made for
Enlightenment using eesh. I'm sure it oculd be hacked together for most WMs.
That way the user would get a nice consistent interface without being locked
into any one WM.

--Ben