Re: Is gnome-core-1.1.2 safe for the "ordinary" gnome user now?

0-01-31 23.23, skrev Nils Philippsen på nils@wombat.dialup.fht-esslingen.de
följande:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Paul Johnson wrote:
>
>> The announcement of gnome-core-1.1.2 did not have warnings for users.
>> It does not say "avoid this unless you are a developer" or "this is
>> still preliminary, don't try it unless you are determined".
>
> Hmm, from my experience it works. And it has nice new toys to play with
>:-)
>
>> Does that mean it is OK for regular users to jump in?  Perhaps it is
>> unspoken that ordinary users ought to wait for gnome-1.2?
>>
>> On the off chance that 1.1.2 is intended for regular users, can somebody
>> answer me these questions.
>> 1.  What is the upgrade path for me to get to gnome-core-1.1.2 and
>> gnome-applets-1.1.2?
>
> Build then install new gnome-core, build and install
> gnome-applets. Preferably from "out of X" (console), you don't know what
> you might draw away from under your feet ;-).
>
>> In particular, do I have to install any new modules, such as that bonobo
>> thing, whatever thing is?
>
> No.

Wrong, you need gdk-pixbuf to configure and compile.
You'll find gdk-pixbuf on the GNOME ftp.

Jay Carlson <jay.carlsson@gymnasiet.monsteras.se>
Student at Mönsteråsgymnasiet(http://www.gymnasiet.monsteras.se)