bonobo-0.6/can't find bonobo.h

I just sat down to play with bonobo last night, and I got a few errors.  I
can fix them, but I'm not sure why their occuring.  The problem is that the
bonobo header file can't be found when declared as <bonobo.h>.  Changing
this to something kinda like <../../bonobo/bonobo.h> allows the build to get
to the next file in which it can't find bonobo.h on my machine.  So, here
are my real questions.  Is there an easy way to get it to know where to look
so that I don't have to edit all of these files by hand?  Barring that, how
hard is it to make patches (I still haven't figured out that damn command)
so that I could use bonobo from RPM?
	Greg