gnome-terminal

Yesterday I wrote:

>Should gnome-terminal work under solaris? However I invoke it, it
>comes up full screen size and then immediately closes (without any
>errors) when I enter a <return>.

This was with fvwm 2.3.13. Later I tried out sawmill, and found that
gnome-terminal came up with the right size, and didn't exit when I tried
to use it. OTOH latest stable gnome + fvwm 2.3.13 works fine on my linux
box at home.

But now I have it more or less working, I have another question. Is
there any way to get it to recognises the meta key as a substitute
escape key (as xterm does if you set XTerm*eightBitInput: False). On my
sun keyboard it recognises the alt key, but not the meta key.

regards,

Chris
--
Chris Rouch                                   chris.rouch@ubs.com
UBS, Flurstrasse 65                                 +41 1-2363803