Re: question re installing gtk themes

"Joseph de los Santos" <jh0u@hotmail.com> writes:

> hello,
>
>   I have downloaded different themes already but I can seem to use them.
> when I open the theme selector and then I select the theme I want to install
> (in tar.gz format) nothing happens. I cant click on the try , ok , or revert
> buttons (grayed out). I cant even preview the theme.

It sounds like you copied the theme in tar.gz format directly
into your themes directory. What you want to do instead
is to install the theme by using the "Install New Theme..."
button in the theme selector.

(If you do this as a user it installs it just for the user,
if you do it as root, it installs it system-wide)

Regards,
                                        Owen