RE: using the panel to uninstall packages.

pkgadd and the other tools that come with it for Solaris (7,8,?).  IIRC some
BSD flavor had a package managment tool as well, but not sure on that once
since I don't play with it anymore.  VMS (I know, it's not *nix, but it has
X/Motif) also has some package facilities.
	Greg