Re: using the panel to uninstall packages.

Andrew Post wrote:

> How is an RPM or DEB package different from your self-extracting
> installation program?
>
> Turning the Launcher into a one-stop place for running, configuring, and
> removing an application might be a pretty good idea. Having users
> accidentally remove a program shouldn't be a major problem for Linux, since
> users shouldn't have the permissions to do that anyway.

I wonder about that permissions thing.  For Linux to penetrate the
home market with naive users, there'll need to be a configuration option
that makes it easy for users to easily do all the things needed to do
what they want to do.  This includes adding and removing programs.

Miles