Re: GMC won't open files

On 15 Feb 00, Stephan Zaniolo had questions about Re: GMC won't open files:

> My default editor is set to xemacs (I've even tried setting this
> to gnp), but it still won't launch when I double click the file
> (or right click and choose "Open" or "Open with" and select
> xemacs or gnp).  Also, when I right click on an html file I'm
> presented with the option to "Open file with Netscape" nothing
> happens.  (It used to open in Netscape.)
>
>          This is really annoying. :^[

If you have Netscape open (in another virtual desktop) it will open
there, not where you are when do the right-click, open thing.

Have you tried switching your default from emacs to gedit or gxedit?

Steve

Stephen L Arnold                      http://www.rain.org/~sarnold
with Std.Disclaimer;  use Std.Disclaimer;