Please help ! major lilo problem !

Sorry people !

I know this is not a strictly GNOME issue, but I
can't seem to find the necessary documentation
that would help (i've searched through all the
Red hat documentation provided)

Problem is this : I wanted to change the default
of Lilo boot to 'dos' instead of linux because I
use linux only specifically (Its Redhat 6.1 byt
he way) when I need to. Right now our company
wants me to use Windoze 98.

Okay, so I changed some of the text for lilo.conf
file, namely I changed
default=linux  to
default=dos

thats didn't seem to work. So I did 'man lilo'
and read about some of the options. I used lilo
-D dos and also did lilo -v to get a more verbose
output. I can't remember if I tried the other
options in a bid to experiment.

Okay, then lilo messed up entirely, so I
re-installed Linux. Nevertheless, now linux boots
if I want it to. But if I type 'dos' it just
outputs this :
LIL-

and just hangs. Can anyone please help me out ??
Can i do a clean uninstall of Lilo and then
re-install it so I can boot into either ???

TIA

Sunny