Thoughts on Nautilus

First of all, thanks to the crew for making such great progress on
Nautilus. There are a couple of thoughts by me on this neat
application.

1. Don't make this a clone of Windows 98's IE-"enhanced" Explorer. It
   looks like it's going that way.

2. Don't make it a clone of Konqueror, either. 8)

3. Does "hyperbola" really display a hyperbolic treeview or is it just
   a fancy name for a component? If the second is the case, I think
   there should be a hyperbolic treeview. That would be a very nice
   feature and so far I know of no file manager that features one.

4. Maybe Nautilus should be able to use any kind of Bonobo component
   as a "view". You could edit Gnumeric spreadsheets or other documents
   inline, inside the Nautilus view pane. For someone who wants to add
   finishing touches to twenty files without popping windows up all
   the time, this could be a killer feature.

5. Does it handle Gnome help URLs yet? I wasn't able to get at any
   help page.

mawa
--
>From the Fool File:
Bonus!  The lack of multitasking is one of the most important reasons
why DOS destroyed Unix in the marketplace.
                                                        -- Scott Nudds