Re: Screen resolution problem

Not quite a Gnome problem...but if you go under /etc/X11  there's a file
called XF86Config (you'll need to be root to edit it)  towards the bottom
of the file you'll see a sections that looks a bit like this,

Section "Screen"
    Driver
    Device
    Monitor
       Subsection display
       Depth
       Modes
       ViewPort

Actually you'll probably see several entries like this..in any event under
the modes section (for both  SVGA and accel ) add on the line (modes)

"1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

That should enable you to use more of your monitor and video card settings.
If not feel free to email me personally. Good hunting

Darryl