RE: Problem with session management, doubling processes

> I'm fairly new to linux and gnome.
> I just compiled and installed newest gnome, and window maker.

What do you mean by "newest" gnome. If you are grabbing the newest
development sources than that's your problem.

Hopefully you have what was released as "october" gnome. That is
the latest stable release.

> I've some strange problems:
>
> 1. gnome tries to start wmaker with arguments: -clientId default2
>    wmaker then aborts saying 'invalid argument'
>
> How do i put that default behaviour off (instead af editing
> ~/.gnome/session by hand every time)?
>
> 2. Every time i startup gnome it launches gmc and panel, but
> then a second
> time. It seems to restore its settings, and when i logout
> saving setup,
> and than login back again, it launches FOUR panels and TWO gmc! (All
> double desktop icons)

Could you be more clear.  What is the difference between every time
and second time?