Re: Documentation frustration :(

* Hugo Gayosso <hgayosso@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello guys!!!
>         It has been 3 days since I started doing some research about
> documentation for software and I am frustrated!!
[...]
>         What I am looking is for:

>         1) A tutorial for newbies (kindergarden-oriented would be fine)
>         2) A set of tools to work with the documents, in order to do all the
> neccesary conversions: SGML-> DocBook, DocBook -> HTML, SGML -> XML
>            XML ready to be used by PHP so it can be displayed on a web browser
> on-the-fly.
>         3) A set of examples that I can just take them and modify them, instead
> of creating my own DSSL, CSS, or whatever they are called (the style sheets).

Stephane Bortzmeyer has written a document about using SGML on a Debian
system, but this includes general information about SGML/XML/docbook as
well: http://www.debian.org/%7Ebortz/SGML-HOWTO/

I also have a file called docbook-intro.sgml lying around, it says
it can be found at: http://nis-www.lanl.gov/~rosalia/

Two other links that belong into that proximity:
  http://home.sol.no/~vigu/dtds.html
  http://users.ox.ac.uk/%7Erahtz/passivetex

HTH,
  Colin