Gnome and single-click

Sorry if this is a dumb question. But I just got a system with redhat, and
I am used to KDE. Gnome is nice too. In fact Gnome is so nice that I am
not going to bother putting KDE on.

Before I ask my questions I must tell you that Gnome is running under
Enlightenment.

But I have two questions:

1) I have to double-click the icons on my desktop. Is there some setting
somewhere that will let me just do a single-click? Single-click will
launch anything on my panel, but not on the desktop.

2) I had gotten addicted to two games that came with KDE (on Caldera).
Can I find gnome versions of those games? or can I just find em, and run
em?

thanks for suffering through a newbie question,
jerry

                             /_/\
                             (0 0)
|   Jerry & Ellen Davis           If work were like my vacations, |
|                                 then I would want to *WORK*     |
|   email: jfdecd@execpc.com      ALL THE TIME!                   |
|************** Stop Forest Fires - Outlaw Matches! **************|