Problems compiling gnome-utils-1.0.50

When trying to compile gnome-util-1.0.50 from the source tarball obtained
from the Gnome web site, the configure script says I don't have Gnome-guile,
what is true, BTW.

After having searched for a while ( google, different lists' archives,
documentation, faqs, etc. ), I haven't been able to find any recent version
of that package. I assume it might have been renamed to something else or is
now part of another package in the October GNOME Release.

I'd like to know if after compiling guile ( as I don't have it installed in
my box I'm going to compile the 1.3.4 version at gnu.org ), I should
recompile gnome-libs, or something else. Or if I have to get gnome-guile
from CVS. Or, finally, if gtk-guile has something to do with my problem (
should I compile that instead? ).

Sorry if I'm being clueless and thanks in advance,

Diego

PD: I don't think it's relevant but I've a Linux box ( Slackware 7.0 ) and
compiled all the base and core tarballs ( last versions till last weekend )
from the gnome site.