Re: X annoyance

Definitely an X issue.  X does not have the capability to change resolutions on
the fly (as far as I understand, there are no X messages to tell resize
applications after a resolution change).  This means that if you specifiy
multiple resolutions in your X setup, X has to run at the highest one and use
the others as 'zoom-type' resolutions.

For that reason, I only specify one resolution in my X setup.  If you want to
be able to zoom, I think the first resolution listed is the one it starts with,
so put the highest one there.