please help

Hi,

I'm a novice in Perl scripting and was wondering if you could help me with
a problem that i have. I would like to have a script that is able to
summarise the sendmail syslog leaving only the e-mail addresses of all
those sent to and received from. I need this in order to have an idea of
e-mail traffic in our network. I have tried a few shell scripts which have
to worked at all and I'm becoming very desparate as i have to produce this
before thursday. Please help. I will greatly appreciate it.
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Best regards