Speed of text widgets.

Hi, I have been playing around and notice a couple of things about text
widgets in Gnome.

Speed is not there.  For a while I though it was just a speed issue, thn
I thought it was a theme issue.  Now I thing it's a colour issue.
Confused?

I noticed that I could pretty much out type the widget used in Bluefish
and an other editor while useing a pixmap theme, but when useing an
ordinary widget set like MorphiusX I can't out type it.

Then I noticed that the editor in Gedit was fast when I use a pixmap
theme, so I played around and now it seems I can fool the widget in
bluefish into beig fast with a pixmap theme.

What I do is change to a basic theme that has the background to the
widget white (like blue_n_gray does), load bluefish, then change back to
dark marble.  The widget retains it's white background and I can't out
type it.

I don't do this often, just now while I was playing around, but I don't
understand how a dark gray background can make the widget so slow, any
clues?

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss