window position

My gnome terminal windows is stuck like this:
top of it is under top panel, so i can't grab title to move it.
Also, every time I start it, is is in the same place. How to move it? Can I
make that top panel "Always on top"?
Also, one more thing. After maximizing windows of app like Spruce, (same
for Pan, etc) and choosing "History"-"Remmebr dimensions", all pop up
wondows of that app (like status window during fetching mail with Spruce,
or dialogs in gFTP), get maximized as well. That's realy anoying.....

Nikola