Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

On 13 Jul 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > That is untrue. You received the original thread.
>
> Received, yes.  Agreed, no.

You have to speak up if you disagree. People are not required to obtain
your explicit permission to think or act.

> I am whining because I was not aware of it.  The fact that such mail
> arrived to my inbox does not mean I approved of it (for instance, I
> have just returned from London and had 10 megabytes of mail waiting
> for me).

That is just too bad. If you don't undertake the responsibility of
communicating with the other members of the group, with associated time
commitments, then you don't give the privilege of having a say.

When I tried to pull something like this ages ago (complaining about
decisions when I had not taken the time to participate in the discussion)
you flamed me. I am now ensuring that you receive fair & equal treatment.
;-)

Your choices appear to be to either take the time to participate, or trust
others to do it. Given that you have managed to accumulate 10megs of mail,
and are presently working fulltime making Helix Code happen, I would
suggest the latter.

Once the communication problems are ironed out so that everyone knows what
list to talk on and who will be talking on it, I'm sure that the people
working on the foundation (Nat, Havoc, whoever else is working on it) will
produce a great result.
-- Elliot
The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8 meters per second per second.