Re: Help resetting sawfish wm

My kernel is older, as noted. I installed helix-gnome about a month ago, and I
update about once a week. My latest update was yesterday, so everything gnome
related should be current, unless helixcode forgot something. Sawfish is 0.30.3,
although there is a lot of stuff in 0.30.2 under /usr/share. I assume that is
stuff that didn't need to be updated.

Your mentioning that only root can access the capplets makes me think it's a
permission problem somewhere, but the sawfish stuff in /usr/bin is all 755,
which should (I think) be sufficient. I did check the root account, and
everything there works fine. I don't know what else to check. Any ideas?

Another possible clue ( to someone who understands the guts better than I do):
in gnomecc->desktop->window manager, if you select Run Configuation tool for
Sawfish it doesn't lock up, as it will if you select any Sawfish options from
the left hand pane. It just beeps at me.