Re: Enlightenment 0.16 problems?

On 3 Mar 00, Wandered Inn had this to say about Re: Enlightenment
0.16 problems?:

> Stephan Zaniolo wrote:

> > I heard there are problems with GNOME (don't know what
> > version) and Enlightenment 0.16.  Is this true?  If so, does
> > anyone know what the problems are?
>
> I'm currently running E 0.16.3 and GNOME 1-0.53 (via rpms) and have no
> real problems to speak of.  You certainly want to be at E 0.16.3 though.

I had some problems with 0.16.3 rpm binary and RH6.1 w/updated
gnome (only as a normal user though, not as root).

I then switched to the 0.16.4 CVS code, and it works great.  I
don't even use or need much of gnome now (enlightenment seems much
cooler without it).  There's a bare-bones enlightenment file
manager also, slated for the 0.17 release (you can get it via CVS
as module efm).

Just my $.02

Steve

Stephen L Arnold                      http://www.rain.org/~sarnold
with Std.Disclaimer;  use Std.Disclaimer;