gnumeric and xbuffer problem

I am heavily using an applet called gnome-annotate to remember
important things which are mailed to me or which I see on the
Internet. You simply mark some text and with the left mouse button you
click the applet. The marked text is written to a file.

Today I tried to do this with gnumeric. I marked a couple of cells and
tried to paste them to the Annotations applet. It didn´t work. When I
had a look in my annotationsfile there were about 2-3000 blank lines
added.

So I conclude that gnumeric is not using the X-Buffer correctly???

Gnome-annotate.py can be downloaded from
http://home.swipnet.se/darshiva/software.html.

You need gnome-python.

Olaf