autogen.sh problems !

Hi everybody,

 I used to be able to run autogen.sh for the goodies I download from
cvs.gnome, however I started getting this error now trying to compile
anything (that i used to be able to compile before) like gtkhtml for
example ... (I can run autogen.sh in another machine and then
download the files and run configure on the problamatic machine with
no problems) but I would like to do it directly ...  I am sure the
fix is easy but I am yet to find it ! here is the error from gtkhtml
(nautilus, bonobo, etc..) all give the same error
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
deletefiles is	macros/gnome-gettext.m4
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal  -I macros ...
aclocal: macros/gnome-gettext.m4: 15: duplicated macro
`AM_GNOME_WITH_NLS'
aclocal: macros/gnome-gettext.m4: 213: duplicated macro
`AM_GNOME_GETTEXT'
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu	...
macros/Makefile.am:33: INSIDE_GNOME_COMMON does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
src/Makefile.am:158: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined
src/Makefile.am:158: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
src/Makefile.am:158: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined
src/Makefile.am:158: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined

and it goes on and on about gnome_libdir then tries to run configure
and ofcourse configure bails out:
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
--enable-compile-warnings ...
./configure: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'
./configure: ./configure: line 527: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER(config.h)'

---
I have gnome-libs 1.056 along with gnome-core 1.1.5

Thanks in advance ...

Maher

--
muhri@muhri.net -- http://www.muhri.net