How to put KDE menus in the menu bar?

I don't for the life of me remember how this happened. Maybe someone can
tell me.
When I first installed RH 6.1 the KDE Menu items did not show up in the
menu bar.
Then I mucked with it (can't remember what I did) and now it shows up on
my menu structure.
When one of my boys logs in to their account the KDE Menus don't show up
and since I don't remember what I did to make them show up, I don't know
how to make them show up.

1) Can someone jog my memory? (maybe I need another 128M :-)
2) How can I make it system wide for all users on my system?

Jerry