Re: Commercial software hooks

Steve Fox <drfickle@k-lug.com> writes:

> Does anyone have any comments on this? I'd especially like to hear that
> someone is working on this. To the commercial world, KDE is seen as the
> "real" desktop...I *really* don't like that. I want using GNOME to be
> just as easy as using KDE.

>From a commercial standpoint (not that we have a GUI, though) I don't
think it's the "real" desktop as much as the "more stable" desktop.
GNOME development has been going rather quickly recently, and that
tends to dissuade commercial developers.  (Who get tired releasing
their software on GNOME's release schedule!)  Once GNOME stabilizes a
bit (say, about as much as GTK) I think we'll see much more commercial
use.

235 days, 14 hours, 28 minutes, 48 seconds till we run away.
Nothing is but what is not.