Re: gdm remote display question

On the machine that is going to be the host edit the file

/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

in the [xdmcp] section make sure you have

Enable=1

then on the x-terminal machine use the command

/usr/bin/X11/X -query <hostname>

where <hostname> is the remote Xserver hostname. If I rememeber some
version (can't remember which) of gdm go looking in /usr/etc for
im_palette.pal so if it still doesn't work examine you xserver output and
try

ln -s /etc/im_palette.pal /usr/etc

on the Xserver host machine.

Paul