Configure problem... (OFFTOPIC?)

Hi!

I'm trying to compile all the programs I have by myself cause I want to
know what I have and what no.
One of the last time I recompiled the gcc-2.95.2 and binutils but now
when I run any configure script
can't recognize the host and I have to specify:

configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu

and all works fine.

So here is the question:

How the configure script detects the host, so I can fix It?
(I want to compile XFree4.0 but seems to have the same error)

I don't know if this is really an OFFTOPIC, if so, sorry.

Thanks all.
Any help would be appreciated
--
Gonzalo Aguilar. Madrid, España (Spain) |
Reymad Studios | gad@reymad.com		|