desktop resolution

Hi!

My name is Roberto and I come frome Italy.

Sorry but I am really a beginner, or better, something sooner than a
beginner! I installed my red Hat 6.1 just 1 hour ago...

I have this really easy problem, but without solution for me at the moment:
I need to change my desktop resolution to 800x600 (now is 640 x 480).

I am really sorry for the easy question, but really I didn't find a solution
yet reading the manual and also the faqs!

May you help me?

Thank you very much

Roberto