Re: Gnome-terminal. How can I launch lynx instead of Netscape

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 08:48:21AM -0000 or thereabouts, Yusuf Goolamabbas wrote:
> Hi, I recently moved to Gnome/Sawmill and saw the neat URL
> recognition/launch feature of gnome-terminal. Is there a way to
> specify that I would like the URL to be viewed in lynx instead of a
> new Netscape window being launched

Yes.

I've sent this to the list about five times before, so I now have a
new tactic. I wrote it up and now I can just send the url to the list
instead:)

http://roadrunner.swansea.linux.org.uk/~hobbit/dingus.html

I suspect there is also a way to make it not start a new netscape
but instead to make your currently-running netscape go to the url
in question; but I haven't tried that.

Telsa