Re: how to stop Gnome from reloading apps?

I also get strange things from session management, even when I save my session and exit cleanly. Sometimes Gnome can't place my windows in the same place I left them. And often applications I had running which were minimized on the panel, open up in a full window. Then I have to minimize and reorganize my windows. Quite a hassle. The weird part is it doesn't happen all the time.

If you are even going to bother with session management, one should be able to save multiple sessions by any name you want. And actually have it work every time. I like the idea of a default session that I can always go back to,when all else fails.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gnome a lot. Just making a comment/suggestion.

DT

--
Daniel J. Torres

Physical Oceanography