Re: System administration with GNOME.

>>  -Like linuxconf, plug yourself in the init sequence, preferably at
>> the end so that we can reset stuff that might be misconfigured.
>Worth considering, sure.

But correctly done, if there is an error, tell the admin (by mail, ie), not
change in silence and let the admin wonder why it does not work as expected.

There is nothing worse than two things changing configurations at the same
time. I have seen that many times (and experienced some myself) when a guy
finds that he changes the config as in the HowTo but it still does not work,
cos another program reconfigures after him.

GSR