Re: icon management in GNOME

oliver <fwang2@yahoo.com> writes:

> I know GNOME has task management applets on the panel, but I really prefer
> the traditional way of managing the icons: arrange them on the desktop or
> have a icon box (eg. XFCE style). Is there any way I could get it done in
> GNOME?

Well, as I can see, GNOME can arrange three sorts of icons on the
desktop, regardless which WM you are using: applications ("starters"
in GNOME speak), folders and URL links. Just right click on a free
place on the desktop and choose which one to create. This works
completely without the panel. If you create a corner panel and adds
only a pager applet to it, you hopefully have the functionality (I
presume) you want.

Working here with sawmill.

Greetings,
joachim