Re: Question about File Manager

Jeff wrote:

> > I would like to also get rid of that annoying splash when I
> > log in as root.
>
> Splash screen, I've seen other's on list requesting the same, I heard a lot
> of traffic on subject, mostly concerning running as root, instead of using
> 'su' to perform admin. tasks, they say it dangerous to run as root, your
> call if you want to run as root, I don't. I believe it is hard coded into
> gnome, but I could be wrong.

One of these days I'll have to find that test in the source and dump
it.  Not wanting to get into the religious wars, sometimes it's easier
and more convenient to just login as root to do some things.  I'd like
to see a --nonag command line option.
--
You can take all the impact that science considerations have on funding
decisions at NASA, put them in the navel of a flea, and have room left