Re: Customization Question

On Wed, 03 May 2000, Tim Buller wrote:
> I'm just getting started figuring some GNOME configuration internals out,
> and could use a couple pointers. Basically, I want to add a local menu to
> the Foot, a few Applets to the panel, and a few clickable URLs to the
> Desktop to the default config. That is, when users start their gnome
> session for the first time, they get the locally configured items. This
> will be for about 50 Debian i386 potato boxes. I'm just having a hard time
> making sense of the default (/usr/share/gnome) config file layout, not
> really understanding how this gets into the per-user ~/.gnome directory.
>
> Any advice, pointers to docs, etc. would be appreciated.

The GNOME Admin Guide is meant to help

http://www.darboux.uklinux.net/gnome/

HOwever this veriosn is a bit old and needs Miguels white paper on config files
adding and fleshing out,

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/whitepapers/SystemConfig/index.html

Any comments, additions, or further questions, will be greatfully received,

Paul